Sunday, January 25, 2009

What's in a name? Part 2

Quantum Cathedral...
Well, besides the fact that I like how the words sound together, it's a complex title. During one of my last semesters at the College for Creative Studies I took "Intro to Philosophy" and a class called "Math and the Imagination". In exploring philosophy and conceptual math I was continually encountering ideas and theories that intersected in interesting ways with religious truths; especially Catholic ones. There was also a deepening respect for the universe and it's mysteries. I was in awe. Quantum theory, the shape of space, Edwin Abbott's "Flatland", Nekker cubes, and all things philosophic came alive to me. I realized that his universe, God's universe is a magnificent quantum cathedral. Faith and reason illuminate all things. Reality, physical and spiritual, is breathtaking. We just need to take the time to notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment