Friday, September 24, 2010

Let us be Armor Bearers

Consider 1 Samuel 14:6-7

Johnathan said to his armor bearer: "Come let us go over to that outpost of the enemy. Perhaps the Lord will help us, because it is no more difficult for the Lord to grant victory through a few than through many."
The armor bearer replied, "Do whatever you are inclined to do; I will match your resolve."

Can we say as much? Do we, as disciples of our Lord, strive to match the resolve to trust and serve with the faith and obedience of Jonathan's armor bearer? We are the children of the New Covenant. We wield the Spiritual Armor of our Lord Jesus Christ. I think we all need to reflect on the humble response of the nameless armor bearer.

Today, let you and I try to say to our Lord, "Do whatever you are inclined to do; I will match your resolve."

Jesus, I trust in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment