Monday, September 13, 2010

Stained Glass: More Than The 9/11 Panel

On September 11th I focused on one panel in the Sacred Heart of the Hills window I created. Today I'd like to display a few photos of the rest of the window. The 9/11 panel is just one out of 20 panels in this window. Not to mention that there are two windows (Eucharistic and Eye of God) above the large set. There are two more sets of windows in this church also part of the same project, but I'll cover those another day.
I love how the windows reflect in our baptismal font.
The Sacred Heart window portrays all sorts of vocations and people.

One theme asked for by the priest was "peacemakers". Thus the inclusion of non-Catholics like Martin Luther King Jr and Gandhi as well as prominent Catholics like John XXIII, Mother Teresa and St. Francis.

The windows were done under the name G. Kozak Studio. They are my grandfather's design. He died suddenly before completing the project and I took over the art and design aspect of the commission and my mother oversaw construction of the windows.
-Anna Truckey

Location: Sacred Heart of the Hills Catholic Church, Auburn Hills Michigan

No comments:

Post a Comment