Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wisdom from the Mountains

I talk to my spiritual adviser, Deacon Patrick Jones, via Skype on Wednesdays. I live in the suburbs of Detroit and he lives in the mountains of Colorado. He always has amazing things to say. Anyway, I want to share some of his gems.

This week I was flustered since I am moving again and feel like I am starting over AGAIN since, due to unfortunate circumstances, I will be staying with my parents until I can figure something else out. The parental units have been very understanding and supportive, but it is never easy to go back.

Deacon Jones, with the Holy Spirit at his side, had the following observations for me.

Life has a way of repeating the lessons God wants us to learn, but in a spiral way, so we are never quite in the same place. It's not a circle where we suddenly realize we got nowhere. *Grin*

Do we ever start over again? We are never the same as we were the last time we "started over".

There is a lot to be delighted with! Seek the gift rather than dwelling on the pain.


Then he said he was going to leave it at that and go stick his head in a pot of chicken soup. His words, not mine. LOL. The poor guy has a cold.

Shortest session EVER, but with lots for me to contemplate. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment